This certificate is aimed at developing specific competencies in a range of self-organisational and life-long learning skills with an in-depth knowledge of sport requirements and technical know-how applicable to a sport specific context.
The program will be intended for school-leavers and any individual with the necessary entry level criteria who wish to become involved in one of the following fields:
- Sport team management.
- Sport event management.
- Sport tournament management.
- Sport facility management.
- Fitness facility management.
- Sport sponsorship management.
- Financial management in the Sport environment.
- Sport Project management.
- Sport organisation management.
- Volunteer management.
The qualification will enable the assuming of job responsibilities as a sport manager in schools, clubs and private institutions in a range of areas, which includes, but is not limited to sport team management, federation management or facility management. Learners will be exposed to establishing of commitment, policy and planning to achieve racial, disability and gender equity through sport programmes whilst maintaining a safe environment for sport activities, events and tournaments within the selected operational environment and community.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
Students must possess a NQF level 4 or matric qualification or the equivalent thereof.
The learner will be assumed to be competent in the following:
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4.
- Communication at NQF Level 4.
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3
Students do not require any prior experience in the field of sport and fitness management.