For over 30 years, the National Academy of Sports Medicine has developed the most successful personal trainers in the fitness industry.
Our NCCA-accredited personal trainer certification provides you with the most scientifically accurate information, all delivered in our revolutionary digital learning platform. If you want to become one of the best, most respected, and highest-paid fitness trainers, it’s as simple as getting certified online with NASM.
Our Course Makes Learning Fun & Easy!
This is not your typical ‘science’ course. Our NCCA-accredited certification utilizes an ‘edutainment’ style of learning – making the course fun, easy and accessible for everyone studying for their personal trainer job! With dozens of Hollywood-style videos and state-of-the-art graphics, even the least-academic person will find themselves truly enjoying the learning process.
- Learn the Latest Training Strategies and (Most Importantly!) How to Apply It
Don’t be taught outdated information! Our course is decades ahead of our competitors, and is by far the most comprehensive the industry has ever seen. This course uses the most accurate and up-to-date science, then teaches you how to transform that science into real-world application.
- Build a Successful Fitness Career
Learn everything you need to build a successful fitness career working in a gym, or even being your own boss and setting your own hours. The industry’s best personal trainer certification will prepare you for a long and lucrative career working with everyone from weekend warriors to professional athletes.
- Train Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime with NASM’s World-Renowned OPT™ Model
The foundation of NASM’s certification is the exclusive Optimum Performance Training® Model. It’s your blueprint for success. The OPT™ Model provides you with a systematic approach to developing personalized and unique training plans that allow you to see predictable outcomes for every client. It’s a flexible and comprehensive system that allows you to create individualized training plans for any client, any time.
- Master Accurate, Effective Client Assessments
Assessing, instead of guessing, is critical to successfully training a client. By understanding where the issues in their body are, you can then begin to figure out how to properly address underlying problems that could prevent them from reaching their end fitness goals.
- Learn the Art of Behavior Change
Having a plan for your future personal trainer job is great, but knowing how to convince your clients to stick to it is even better. That’s where behavior change comes in. Within our course, you’ll learn the keys to helping people alter behaviors that prevent them from becoming the ultimate version of themselves.
Requirements & Accreditation
It is recommended that any students wishing to register for this course have a Matric certificate or equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification.
To be eligible for this personal training course, you must have a high school diploma or GED. Additionally, you need a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification and an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification. You may enroll in the course before having your CPR and AED certifications; however, you must have them before you take your final exam.
The NASM-CPT online personal training certification is proudly accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA). The NCCA is a nationally recognized third-party agency in the United States that accredits certification programs which are able to meet and comply with its standards.
The mission of NCCA is to help ensure the health, welfare, and safety of the public through the accreditation of certification programs that assess professional competence. Its purpose is to provide the public and other stakeholders the means by which to identify certification programs that serve their competency assurance needs in a profession.
• 6 Sections; 23 In-Depth Chapters with Audio Summaries
• 100% Online; Utilizes our State-of-the-Art Digital Learning Platform
• 45+ Learning Videos; 200+ Exercise Demonstration Videos
1. The Modern State of Health and Fitness
2. The Personal Training Profession
3. Psychology of Exercise
4. Behavioral Coaching
5. The Nervous, Skeletal, and Muscular Systems
6. The Cardiorespiratory, Endocrine, and Digestive Systems
7. Human Movement Science
8. Exercise Metabolism and Bioenergetics
11. Health, Wellness, and Fitness Assessments
12. Posture, Movement, and Performance Assessments
13. Integrated Training and the OPT™ Model
14. Flexibility Training Concepts
15. Cardiorespiratory Training Concepts
16. Core Training Concepts
17. Balance Training Concepts
18. Plyometric (Reactive) Training Concepts
19. Speed, Agility, and Quickness Training Concepts
20. Resistance Training Concepts
21. The Optimum Performance Training® Model
22. Introduction to Exercise Modalities
23. Chronic Health Conditions and Special Populations
The Final examination is an online multiple choice theory examination.
There are 120 test questions. Of those, 20 are research questions that do not count toward or against your final score. You must pass with a scaled score of 70% or better. You will have 2 hours to complete the exam.
There are 2 examination options:
1. International CPT examination: This exam can be taken from the comfort of your own home as soon as you are ready to do so. You will have 3 attempts to achieve the 70% pass mark. This exam option is best if you are not planning to work in the USA with your NASM CPT
2. Proctored CPT examination: This exam must be taken at an International Examination Centre (Johannesburg and Cape Town) under invigilation.
You will have 1 attempt to achieve the 70% pass mark and will also require a recognised CPR with AED qualification prior to registering for the exam. You can book your exam at the relevant International Examination Centre through the NASM Online Learning Portal. This exam option is a requirement should you wish to work in the USA with your NASM CPT
Either exam option can be selected upon registration. No extra fees apply.