There are many eating patterns available to choose from today and can range across the spectrum from a complete carnivorous diet (meat eating) to a completely herbivorous diet (plant eating). Plant-based diets are diets that rely primarily or entirely on plant-based foods.
This course will help you make sense of the different plant-based diets, the health benefits and common myths around this dietary lifestyle. It was created by the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), which for over 30 years has built its reputation on evidence-based recommendations that adhere to rigorous scientific standards. More than 20 experts in nutrition, psychology and behavior change were consulted to provide the most reliable guidance for people of varying ages, ethnicities, backgrounds, food preferences, and goals.
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
• Identify the different plant-based diets and their place within the dietary spectrum.
• Explain the health benefits of a plant-based diet.
• Determine how plant-based diets affect weight loss.
• Differentiate the dietary needs of athletes who adopt plant-based diets.
• Identify common myths about adopting and/or following a plant-based diet.